Chocolate Chip Cookie WafflesChocolateSOS
I made Chocolate Chip Cookie Waffles!!
Because it’s the holidays and you can’t have too many cookies!
That’s what I keep telling myself.
That and that shouldn’t weigh myself until the holidays are over. ugh!
I had originally planning on making waffled chocolate chip cookies. But that was a big bust! Ugh! I totally ruined them. I made Phoebe Buffay favorite cookie recipe and then tried cooking that in the waffle iron but the dough was too wet and soft so it got on all weird and damn near impossible to take out. A big bust!
But I will figure that out one day! In the mean time, if you want to make a cookie in your waffle iron then check out these Chocolate Peppermint Waffle Cookies from Fake Ginger.
So I came up with a new plan!
Put baked chocolate chip cookies in a waffle batter.
And this works out perfectly since you are basically up to your eyeballs with cookies at this time of year.
This ends up being the perfect mash up of dessert and breakfast. Might as well have one last moment of true indulgence before your healthy eating kicks in for the New Year (I highly suggest Whole30!)
But until then, have a cookie or 2. And make these waffles as well.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Waffles
Makes 6 waffles
- 1 Cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2/3 Cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 Cup chocolate chips (I prefer mini chips)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter (allowed to cool slightly)
- 2 crushed chocolate chip cookies
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, lightly whisk together the milk, egg, vanilla extract, and cinnamon.
- Add the flour mixture to the milk mixture. Whisk together and then add the melted butter, chocolate chips, and crushed cookies. Let the batter stand for a few minutes before cooking.
- Grease your waffle iron by quickly bushing melted butter over the plates or by spraying with a non-stick cooking spray. Pour 1/3 Cup of the batter into the waffle iron for each waffle.
- Cook waffles until steam has stopped escaping the waffle iron and the waffles are golden brown.
- Serve with maple syrup. Enjoy!
Inspired by Double Tree